Full course description
In this course, you will learn how to create a digital portfolio to showcase your professional instructional design work. The focus will be on preparing participants to apply knowledge and skills gained throughout the series in their search for professional or contract employment as instructional designers Participants will explore the instructional design job market, customize their resume to emphasize applicable skills, prepare for interviews with hiring managers and potential clients, and assemble a world-class instructional design portfolio that sets them apart from other applicants.
Course Learning Objectives
- Analyze target audiences for future employment.
- Implement basic concepts of portfolio design.
- Justify design and organizational choices.
- Showcase instructional design artifacts and organization choices within a portfolio format.
- Present portfolio contents in a coherent, logical manner, both in spoken and written form.